Dry Suit Diver Course 2014
Don’t like getting cold at Dutch Springs? Well this is the answer for you. If you are looking to extend your local dive season into the spring and summer or if you just want to be warm and comfortable all the time then this is the class for you. Class tuition includes the rental of a Drysuit and Drysuit underwear.
Wanna stay warm and toasty on a dive? Then dive dry. Yes! Unlike a wetsuit, a dry suit seals you off from the outside water and that keeps you warm! Even in surprisingly cold water.
The Fun Part
Dry suits let you dive more challenging dive sites, and extend your dive season. When you have the right cold water scuba diving attire, you can stand up to the elements and take advantage of the generally better visibility offered by winter months—especially at inland dive sites such as quarries, lakes, sinkholes and caves etc. As a dry suit diver, you’re equipped to scuba dive some of the world’s incredible dive sites in the world’s cooler regions that are best enjoyed in a dry suit even in their warmer months.
What You Learn
Gain the knowledge and skills to safely don, dive with, doff and store a dry-suit. Get introduced to the different types of suits so you can make a very informed decision if considering purchasing a dry suit. You learn:
- Dry suit buoyancy control skills
- Dry suit maintenance, storage and basic repair
- Undergarment (fleece or overall-type garments worn under the dry suit) options
Drysuit Diver Class Includes:
- An introductory session at Dudas Diving Duds to fit you in a drysuit
- One night in a Pool Session
- 2 guided dives with your instructor
- Registration with PADI or NAUI
- Use of a rental drysuit and undies for the class
Not Included in the Drysuit Diver Class
- Additional rental equipment; Tanks, BC, Dive Computer, or Regulator
- Entrance fees to Dutch Springs
Course tuition: $200
2014 Drysuit Diver Class Schedule
|May 17||September 20|
|June 21||October 11|
Custom classes can also be set up for you at no additional charge, contact us today to set one up!